Pages

Friday 8 March 2019

Crazy Crystal

Findings

Describe your crystals in the table below.


Crystal Type
Shape
(Describe the shape)
Size
(of individual crystals)
Hardness
(Crumbly to Rock Hard)
Borax



Cube5.5 cmHard
Sugar



Cube7.5 cmCrumbly
Salt



Cube6.5 cmCrumbly


Salt     Sugar      Borax


My Findings:
My findings were that the salt and sugar crystals didn't form because the salt and sugar wasn't saturated enough. But the Borax crystal formed perfectly. The Borax must of dissolved which cause the crystal to form.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.