Pages

Friday 29 March 2019

The Feet can Measure the Height

THE FEET CAN MEASURE THE HEIGHT

The bones of the feet can tell a lot about a person. What do feet reveal about a person's height? Forensic anthropologists team up with law enforcers to help solve crimes.
Bones of the feet can reveal an interesting fact about an individual. Let's combine math with forensics to see how.

Image result for foot chart sizeImage result for foot to height ratio chart
Aim:  To use forensic science techniques to measure the height of a criminal.

Material:

  1.  30cm ruler
  2. 1 metre ruler

Steps:


  1. Get 2 rulers. 
  2.  Measure you and your partners feet.
  3.  Then get a  1 metre ruler.
  4.  Now measure you and your partners height.
  5.  Write down you foot Leigh and height. 


Findings:


Name
Foot  (cm)
Height (cm)
Makaea21153
Kyla 23162
May23161





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.