Pages

Thursday 14 March 2019

Chromatography - Rainbow paper

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.


Definition: A technique for separating the different parts of a mixture / solid using liquid.


Related imageRelated imageImage result for chromatography



Rainbow paper

Materials;

1. Paper
2. Pencil
3. Cup
4. Black Felt
5. Green Felt
6. Red Felt

Process:

Step 1: Cut a paper into 4 strips.
Step 2: Pour water into a cup.
Step 3: Rule out 20 mm on you piece of paper.
Step 4: Draw on 3 dots across the 20 cm line.
Step 5: Dip it in the cup were it is just touching the water.
Step 6: Then wait till the colour goes up the paper.

Findings: Write about what happened.

This experiment did not work at all. I think it is because of the paper or maybe I added to much water.

Reflection: What have I learnt from this experiment?
I have learnt that this experiment is harder than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.