Pages

Thursday 28 March 2019

Skittles

Skittles

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.

Materials;

1. Petrie dish
2. Water
3. Skittles
4. Petrie tray 
5. Jug 


Process:

Step 1: Grab your petrie dish and place it on a flat surface.

Step 2: Get your skittles and place them in your petrie dish.In 5 equal parts.

Step 3:Get your water and pour it over your skittles so its just covering them.

Step 4:Wait until the skittles are dissolved.

Findings: Write about what happened.
The colouring in the skittles faded to the middle of the plate. 

Reflection: What have I learnt from this experiment?
The colouring in skittles slowly faded and don't fade straight away.
What did the colours do?
the colours faded to the middle on the plate.

Did the colours mix together?
The colours would only mix if you bumped them.

Why or why not?
They wouldn't mix because the water was still. They would mix if the water was bumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.