Pages

Monday 2 March 2020

Huruman 3 - Evaporation

Evaporation

Last week in science we learnt that a solute cannot be filtered from a solution once it has been dissolved.

Why can’t a dissolved solute be filtered?
A dissolved solute can not be filtered because the solute has been dissolved. Meaning that the solute particles are the same as the other material used. So they cannot be separated after that.

What is evaporation?
Evaporation is a process when a liquid turns into a gas. 

How can evaporation be used to separate a solute from a solvent in a solution?
If the solute is salt and the solvent is water then we can separate the salt and water with heat. When heat is added it makes the solvent (water) turn into gas. Leave the solute (salt) behind making the two now separated. 

Image result for dissolved solute


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.