Pages

Monday 16 March 2020

chormatography

chromatography

aim- to separate the different pigments from ink using chromatography.

hypothesis- i think that the purple pigment and black pigment will stay as one colour.

equipment- felt tip pen, filter paper, test tube, measuring cylinder.

method- 
1.draw dot on paper.
2. put paper in water.
3.wait five minutes.

results- after the five minutes both of the ink showed more than one colour. the purple ink showed pigments of purple,pink and blue. the black ink showed pigments of black, purple, blue and orange.

discussion- for both of the ink the result was that they both have more than one pigment. the purple had 3 different pigments in it. the black had the same result but with one extra pigment.

conclusion- my experiment did work correctly because it separated different pigments from one colour. but my hypothesis was incorrect because the ink did not stay as one colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.