Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2020

Athletics Practice

Athletics Practice

In P.E. we have been practising for athletics. When we first started P.E. we wrote down how we did with different events. Then now a few weeks later we have redone the same events. Our goal was to see the difference between when we started and when we finished.



Before
After
Shot put
3.06 metres
3.82 metres
Long jump
2.40 metres
2.00 metres
High jump
n/a
n/a
Sprints
11.74
15.00
Long distance
n/a
100m - 28 
200m - 1.32
400m - 3.47
1500m - 14.52
Discus
7.10 metres
8.70 metres
In some events I improved while in others I did not. For shot put I improved by 0.76 metres which is better than I thought I would. But with long jump and sprints the result went down. When I started with sprints I was at 11.74 seconds but now I am at 15 seconds. This is the same with long jump before when jumping for the 2 metre line I got 2.40 meters now I have only 2 meters. I think this is because I have become a lot slower. But in long distance I did better than I thought I would. We only did long distance once. For 100 metres I got 28 seconds, 200 meters 1 minute and 47 seconds. 400m I got 3.47 seconds and lastly 1500 metres I got 14 minutes and 52 seconds. Lastly discus, discus was the one I really improved at I started and 7.10 metres and now I can throw 8.70 metres. I think this is because I learnt the proper way to throw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.