Pages

Wednesday 17 March 2021

10 Science - Neutralisation

 Neutralisation


Aim: To observe a neutralisation reaction.


Method: 

  1. Get a test tube rack, 6 test tubes, acid, base and universal indicator.

  2. Fill 4 test tubes with 3mL of acid.

  3. Fill 2 test tubes with 3mL of base.

  4. Add a squirt of universal indicator to each.

  5. Add different amounts of acid and base to make the colours of the rainbow (ROYGBI)


Results: 





Discussion: 

We started with 4 red test tubes and 2 blue test tubes, but by the end of the experiment we ended up with  colours of the rainbow (ROYGBI). We did this by neutralizing some of the acid by adding base into it to make orange, yellow, and green. For the 1 of the base we add acid to make it a lighter shade of blue. 


Conclusion:

This experiment did work because we were able to neutralise the acids and bases to make the colours of the rainbow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.