Pages

Friday 18 August 2017

The Magician

The Magician

I open my eyes and think, who did this to me? why am I here? did I do something wrong? I look up slowly at this huge building I had a feeling that I was here once before. I have a flashback to my childhood this was the orphanage that I grew up in. I remembered more the only reason I went in the orphanage was because my family home burnt down. It only burnt down because of me! My mother told me not to use the oven. I escape I but I never saw my little sister or mother again. I put my head in my hands, a single tear came from my eye. I get up and sadly walked and open the dark oak door and saw, a picture of me as a kid. I turned around “Slam” the door loudly shut, I run up to it I pull and pull but the door was locked. I look at the stairs, with a thought, who locked me in here? I need to get out. I cautiously went up the stairs. I see my childhood self running down the stairs, I watch him, he went through some boxes. I remember there was a back door to the yard. I quickly went down the stairs, and I moved the boxes. In the boxes I saw rusty old trophies, dusty art and board games I liked chest the best. I liked learning new strategies to win the game. I finally moved all the boxes and found the back door. I open the door, with a fancy golden knob, and carefully crept out the garden.  There was a rusty fence, with a little brown gate, I walk towards it. There was a creepy voice calls me back to the building. I have a feeling like there more in the orphanage, that meant to be me, but why? I kept going up the stairs then I saw my little old bed. On my bed there was a little teddy bear with a nametag that said Mr J. Stuffington. I loved he as a kid he was my favorite toy. I was heading to go up more when a gust of wind came out of nowhere. I look out through the window there was a tornado of wind it was huge. I could was it it couldn’t be… my mother and sister? I run down the stairs to the back door. I got to the front of the orphanage but I  kept getting pushed back the winds was very strong. I kept running and running towards it but the wind pushed me back into a puddle. My clothes were soaked I looked up the tornado of wind kept getting bigger and bigger. I saw books and leaves everywhere on the ground I noticed an umbrella I had an ideal. I grabbed the umbrella and climb up the ladder beside the orphanage then I made it to the top of the orphanage. I jumped the wind blew into the inside of my umbrella pushing me up. I was up above the tornado I didn’t notice it before but there was a person at bottom of the tornado. In the stranger's hand I saw a stick it looked like the stranger was controlling the tornado. I was above my mother and sister but I didn’t think about how to get them down. I let go of the umbrella I fell right through I was right beside the stranger and tackled him. The tornado stopped everything fell including my mother and sister. I grabbed his stick and pointed it at my mother and sister they gracefully glided down, they looked as light as a feather. I looked at the stranger as he got he looked like me? He spoke
“I am no stranger I am the magician or what you call me your conscience”. Really I thought
“I will bring you back to your world” he said.
“I have one question why did you bring me here” I said.
“I brought you here so that you know that it wasn’t your fault that your house burn down, nothing was your fault and that you should have no regret. I said
“When you go back you will not remember this every happened and you mother and sister will be with you” he said

He grabbed his stick and started floated he zapped us and we were back. Now I can live a happy life with my family once again and will not have any regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.