Pages

Thursday 24 August 2017

Sierre Leone Mudslide

Week #45



World Events for your writing
I’m sure you won’t have missed the events in Barcelona, Spain this week or the devastation caused by the mudslide in Sierre Leone and the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. The prompt this week uses the emotions that the media has shown us.

Latest prompt
As I said at the top of this page, the events around the world this week:

… as it came rushing towards us we…
Sierre Leone Mudslide
“Rumble, rumble!!!” I woke up. I couldn’t sleep, my house kept shaking. I went outside to see what was shaking my house. I looked up at a tall mountain, there was a mudslide coming towards us. I tried warning people but they all said I was crazy. I ran back to the mountain with some sticks to try and block it off but it was too late. I closed my eyes as it came rushing towards me, when my best friend Selma pushed me. Selma got stuck in the mud I dived in I couldn’t find her she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.