Pages

Friday 14 August 2020

Lemon Power

Lemon Power:

Voltage: The energy that electrons get from a power supply.

Current: The movement of electrons.

Aim: To create voltage out of a lemon.

Method: 

  • Roll the lemon out so the inside is liquidy.
  • Stick a piece of zinc and copper into the lemon.
  • Connect the lemon up to a voltmeter.
Results: 
One lemon: 1 voltage


Two lemons: 2 volts

All of the lemons: 2.3 volts

Discussion: When we rolled the lemon we made the inside liquidy. Because we rolled the lemon we freed the acidicly charged particles. The acidicly charged particles moved around creating a current. More lemons more acidicly charged particle meaning more voltage.

Conclusion: This experiment worked showing how a lemon can create voltage. Next time I would try to make sure the lemon doesn't leak so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.