Pages

Monday 5 August 2019

Solar Energy

Solar Energy

Catching the sun movie



Materials:


  1.  Cups x4
  2.  Water
  3.  Tin foil
  4.  2 sheets of water paper
  5.  1 sheet of black paper
  6. Thermometer
  7. 1 large cup
  8. 2 heat lamp

Steps

  1.   Get all the materials needed.
  2.  Fill the small cups up with water.
  3.  Put the cups on the respected place.
  4.  Put the large cup on one of the small cups that is on white paper.
  5.  Get the heat lamps and shine it on the cups. 
  6. Wait till a time then measure the heat of the water.

Which surface conducts / attracts the most heat?


Time +
temperature
Cup 1
White paper
Cup 2
White paper+ plastic.
Cup 3
Black paper
Cup 4
Tinfoil
0
15131213
40 minutes
17162422
-15 minutes
18172322
-30 minutes
17182222


Findings:

That findings that I have is that some cups temperature went up after the heat lamps were taken away. I think that it did that is because the room was closed in and we were talking and it heated the temperature. 


Conclusion:

My conclusion is that some water heat was different than others. Because of the material that some were on. Also the room that our cups were in was closed off. Also we were in the room so the heat of our breath had an affect on the temperatures. So I do not know if this is a precise recording. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.