Pages

Monday 22 February 2021

10 Science - Model Atom

 Model Atom


Aim: To make a model atom.

Method: 

  1. Choose an atom to make (one between Hydrogen and Neon)

  2. Work out how many protons, neutrons and electrons it has.

  3. Assign protons and neutrons to a particular colour bead.

  4. Get a ball of blue tac and stick the protons and neutrons to this to make your nucleus.

  5. Cut out the appropriate electron shells and draw on the electrons with vivid.

  6. Connect the nucleus and electron shells with a piece of string.

  7. Create a label to go above the model so people know what you have created.

Result:


Discussion:

I made a carbon atom model. It had the atomic number of 6 and the mass number of 12. It has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. There are 2 electrons in the smaller ring and 4 electrons in the bigger ring. Carbon makes up about 0.025 percent of Earth's crust. It is sometimes considered in the metalloid element category. 


Conclusion: 

The model atom did work. There is nothing that would need to be done differently.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.