Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Bones (Hands)

Bones (Hands)
In science we have been looking and bones in the human body. This week we were looking at the hand and the things it is made out of: bones, joints, tendons, ligaments and muscles. 

The straws on the hand represent the bones that make up the hand. The string going through the strings represent the tendons. Three straws on each finger except the thumb to represent the bones in the fingers.

Bones:The bones in our body gives up structure without them our bodies would have no support. 
Joints: Joints are where two bones meet. They make the skeleton flexible without them, movement would be impossible.  
Tendons: Tendons connect muscles to bones, allowing us to move.
Ligament: Ligaments help to hold things in place.
Muscles: Muscles function to produce force and motion.


1 comment:

  1. Great Work Makaea! Your hand looks great, and I really like the explanation of what each part represents, and what the parts do.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.