Pages

Friday 12 June 2020

Kiwi Baker - Pikelets

Kiwi Baker - Pikelets

This week in cooking we made pikelets. 

Ingredients:
Flour
Egg
Milk
Baking Powder
Butter
Sugar

We first collected the ingredients needed to make the pikelets. We sifted the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Separately in a different bowl we beat together the egg and sugar together until it was a pale yellow. Then added the mixture to the dry ingredients. After all the ingredients were combined we were ready to make the pikelets. We heated up the non-stick pan onto the stove top. We put a little cube of butter into the pan and let it melt. Then we started to make the pikelets. At the end they were very good to eat even though some of then were burnt.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Makaea. You have a well written method apart from missing out when the milk was added. I am glad you enjoyed eating them but I would like to know how they tasted and what their texture was like. Next time can you please add some photos of both the method and the end product. This will improve your blog and be a better record for you if you make these pikelets again.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.