Pages

Monday 19 November 2018

Oamaru Stone Carving: Finishing my Design


Today in the workshop I have almost finished my Koru. All I need to do is finish my sand papering.

I have also finished my planing for my big project.

This is it here:



The top of the circle is Ranginui (sky father) and the bottom is Papatuanuku (earth mother).

Message
Papatuanuku and Ranginui even though they are separated they still have undying loving for they eachother. So this design represents the unbreakable bond between two people. About the design it self Papatuanuku is the koru and I imagine that papa is sprouting up towards Rangi.
How will I make it?
The stone it will be made out of is Oamaru stone. I will use alot of tools. A mullet, chisel, cheese grater and a file. Then lastly I will sand paper the design.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.