Pages

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Beyond The Lines.

 WALT: write a narrative through the eyes of one of the children or one of the soldiers.

 BEYOND THE LINE!

I was in the PA2 vessel it like the size two elephants. The beds were damp and there were cobwebs  everywhere. I was alone on a cold bed preparing for the battle. We were making a plan to save our land we gathered outside. I was the chief we made a huddle to keep ourselves warm. We started to give pep talks to ourselves. Saying why we are here and what we were fighting for we were all scared. We arrived at the turkey battle field the ramp went down.


We ran down I heard the boots sloshing in the mud. I was frightened of what would happen to my friends and to myself. I rushed to get cover I saw my friends getting shot others slipping on the mud getting stuck in the   barbed wire killing themself. There was bloody water on the ground bombs falling from the sky. I took cover I could hear gunshots.  I saw my friend David lying on the  sand with a gunshot wound in his leg he pointed behind me. I turned around and then…  boom a bomb fell
right beside me knocking me onto the sand. Everything went silent I felt broken I blacked out.

“Wow” said Timmy my grandson “scary” said Coby my younger grandson holding onto me. “Please don’t go back there” said Timmy “yeah grandpa that sounds scary.” said Coby “don’t worry the war is over and we won.”I said the both of them squeezing me tight. “Those are letters that I sent to grandma when I was in the army, I wanted her to know that I was OK” I told them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.